So if you feel you are in a black hole, don’t give up – there’s a way out.
- Importance of Trainer Classroom PreparationAs a corporate trainer or instructor, how many times have you arrived to the training location, only to find 2 or 3 attendees have arrived earlier and are waiting for you? Or you find the training room door locked with no one around to provide access at this early hour? One of the key factors … Continue reading Importance of Trainer Classroom Preparation
- Veteran Teacher Shadows Students for 2 days – A Sobering Lesson LearnedOriginally posted on Granted, and…:
The following account comes from a veteran HS teacher who just became a Coach in her building. Because her experience is so vivid and sobering I have kept her identity anonymous. But nothing she describes is any different than my own experience in sitting in HS classes for long periods…
- Want to Establish a Relationship or Connect with Mentors? Attend Training Class!Relationship building and interaction occurs organically within a workshop or instructor-led training
- Please Stop! A Message from the Training CenterWorkplace Learning – This is not your family room, or even your home office. This, my dear participant – is a place of learning. The goal is to learn, not be comfortable.
- Today I Met My Younger Self For CoffeeGiven the benefit of hindsight, tell me what is the most challenging thing,to look forward to in my training career?
- Learned Something New TodayNo matter the skill level or appearance, everyone on the team brings something valuable to the team – especially if given the opportunity.
- Who Decides If Training Was Effective?Updated 2/27/2020 Are training evaluations completed at the end of a training course – whether virtual, online or classroom – an accurate assessment of the quality of the training session? Many training evaluations are completed quickly by the attendee in a rush to exit training – much like the phone surveys that the banks, cable … Continue reading Who Decides If Training Was Effective?