“Recently, I was asked if I was going to fire an employee who made a mistake that cost the company $600,000. No, I replied, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?
~ Thomas J. Watson, Founder of IBM Corporation
- Veteran Teacher Shadows Students for 2 days – A Sobering Lesson LearnedOriginally posted on Granted, and…:
The following account comes from a veteran HS teacher who just became a Coach in her building. Because her experience is so vivid and sobering I have kept her identity anonymous. But nothing she describes is any different than my own experience in sitting in HS classes for long periods…
- Learned Something New TodayNo matter the skill level or appearance, everyone on the team brings something valuable to the team – especially if given the opportunity.
- The Cost of 17 DaysWhat is the true cost of content development in the workplace? There is a need for a realistic set of measurements. It is necessary to calculate the number of resources needed to produce quality workplace courses and materials for a given project.
- Top 9 Training Articles 2014Updated 3/18/2020 HTDigest Stories of the Workplace
- Some things cannot be taughtSome abilities cannot be taught and are innate.