Addressing the issues of workplace civility and worker respect
“Definitely helped. Michel was an excellent teacher. Would definitely take another class from her.”
The one-day Civility in Today’s Workplace workshop targets people and businesses encountering the increasing problems with workplace collaboration, respect, and civility.
Are you a start-up? A small business with an even-smaller staff? Is your team remote? Have a project team that experiences ineffective communication? Size and scope of the business do not prevent or eliminate the issue of workplace civility. Recent studies indicate that more than 50% of today’s workforce has been a witness or experience workplace bullying, or lack of civility.
“One quarter of the offenders we surveyed said that they didn’t recognize their behavior as uncivil” according to an article entitled “The Price of Incivility“, written by Christine Porath and Christine Pearson for the Harvard Business Review.
Today’s Workplace Report Increasing Acts of Incivility and Bullying
Start-ups and established organizations alike need to acknowledge, identify and track workplace incivility. The impact of incivility to our co-workers, teams, and our business is too high to ignore. Taking proactive steps to address and set expectations for civil behavior is key.
What does the Workshop Include?
The Civility in Today’s Workplace workshop covers:
- Civility and the Rewards
- Creating and Maintaining a Workplace Civility Policy
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities
- Effective Work Etiquette
- Civility and New Hire Onboarding
HOW is the Course Delivered? What are the Available Formats?
- Course Duration: 1 day (6.5 hours)
- Full Day Live Course
- Half Day Course ** (2 sessions required)
WHO Should Attend
- Anyone who is currently a witness or experiencing workplace civility in the workplace environment.
- Civility Champions within the organization
- Anyone who wants to improve the daily interactions within their project teams.
WHY is Course Attendance Limited?
The workshop is in an instructor-led learning format.
Cost: $395 / attendee
To Register complete the form below:
Want this course for your startup, team or organization?
- Influence Without Authority
- New Hire Onboarding – Add Civility
- The Case for Workplace Civility
- Team Respect and Civility
- Skills for a Collaborative Team
- Handling Difficult Conversations with CoWorkers
- Lynchpins in the Workplace, Team Respect, and Civility