Let’s pause a moment and review some films with a theme of workplace bullying or incivility.
Can we learn anything from the movies that we can emulate in our current workplaces? What can we take away to help guide us down the hallways of corporations, startups, and small businesses?
Sometimes a visual can provide learning opportunities, as well as the written word. Although there are no easy answers or quick fixes, here are thirteen selections to review (sequenced in the year debut).
- 9 to 5 – Published: 1980
- Working Girl – Debut: 1988
- Office Space – Debut: 1999
- Horrible Bosses – Debut: 2001
- Waiting – Debut: 2005
- The Devil Wears Prada – Debut: 2006
- Employee of the Month – Debut: 2006
- Up in the Air – Debut: 2008
- The Social Network – Debut: 2010
- Moneyball – Debut: 2011
- The Help – Debut: 2011
- The Internship – Debut: 2013
- Admission – Debut: 2013
- Horrible Bosses 1 – Debut: 2014