updated 1/2/2021. Originally published 1/23/2015
Why do we need civility training?
According to an article by Cindy Knezevich’s entitled “Infographic: New EEOC Stats Show Critical Need for Improved Workplace Harassment Training” highlights a need to revisit existing policies and update for the current workplace climate.
Of course, these training courses must also consider the variety of adult workers, including the multiple generations with diversity of learning styles.
- $11 Billion Lost Annually Due To Employee Turnover
- Companies With Engaged Employees Outperform Those Without By Up To 202%
- 71% Of All Employees Are Not Fully Engaged
- 26% Of Employees Are Actively Disengaged
- 80% Of Employees Are Dissatisfied With Their Direct Manager And Were Engaged
Here are some of the reported statistics are summarized here.
Being Engaged at Work Is Not the Same as Being Productive, by Harvard Business Review
9 Reasons Your Employees Are Unhappy, CIO.com
Don’t Let Yourself Be Erased or ignored in the workplace. Your contributions are equally as valuable as your peers.
Progress Requires Action by Us
Prepare your new hires – discussing expected workplace civility standards.
A Curated Collection Dedicated to the Workplace
Leadership, civility, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and more. All contain inspiration by some of the world’s actionable leaders.